Saturday, January 18, 2014

The 'Cindy Lou' Dress!


This dress is from the pattern 'Cindy Lou' by FooFoo Threads! I am so excited about this dress! It was a challenge in every way for me to complete since I am still a newbie, but I learned so much. Plus, it turned out exactly as it was supposed to. It is perfect!

This was my first time actually following a pattern. I have tried in the past to follow patterns from big commercial brands, such as Simplicity, and they have always seemed so difficult, so there they sit in the cubby collecting dust. Maybe now that I know I can actually follow a pattern and understand the instructions, I will have to pull the others out and give them a try!

 This dress has such a whimsical flare to it and even my daughter, who is not big on dresses, loved this dress. Probably, too, because I let her pick the fabric out. Blue is her favorite color which was great because blue goes with just about anything. However, she specifically asked for a blue and orange dress. Obviously, I catered to her wish and I'm so glad I did. This will be a perfect spring/summer dress. And hopefully, since she had a hand in the design, she will actually put it to use! One can hope...



One of my favorite parts of this dress are the knotted ties. They are a big trend right now and super easy to do! The back and side ties really give this dress that extra flare.


And, let's not forget the ruffles! Ruffles, ruffles everywhere! Check them out...the straps, along the top of the bodice, the skirt, and the underskirt. They really add volume to the dress and provide it with its own natural twirl.The lay of the dress is full without being too bulky.


Ah, and here she is in all her glory. My little girl showing off her new dress! Her favorite thing by the way...twirling! She loves that when she spins around the room, the dress flares out. Who can blame her!? It was my favorite thing when I was little too. Oh, that and my picture taking (clapping) shoes! :-)


If you loved this dress as much as we did, head over to FooFoo Threads to get your pattern.

Have a question? Comment or send me a message. I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment