Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The 'Izzy Top' and Ruffled Pants!

I recently came across this FREE pattern with included tutorial for the 'Izzy Top' from Climbing The Willow. This pattern was popping up all over my news feeds in different craft groups I follow and of course I had to jump on that bandwagon...it was too cute not to!


Here is the link for another free tutorial on how to make the ruffled pants from The Sewing Dork. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but my modifications are that I did not include elastic around the entire waistband. Rather, I stretched it across the back so the 'bunchiness' that it creates is around the back waist line rather than the front. Also, I put my ruffles closer together and did not make them as full as how most seem to be these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the big ruffles! But, for this tot who is still unstable on her feet, I opted for something that would not trip her up.


She was thoroughly excited, and not by her new outfit, but mostly because she heard the familiar voices of her brother and sister from downstairs. She was ready to go play after nap time! However, I was taking full advantage of her giddiness and snapping away as many pictures as I could get. :-)


I  am thinking we have a winner for her Valentine's Day/ FIRST Birthday party outfit?? This was my intent when making the outfit anyway. But you never know, there is a good possibility I will find another pattern I just HAVE to try! Which happens...ALOT!

On another note, did you happen to spot my new labels? I am so excited to be able to add that little extra touch, you know? I plan to eventually have embroidered labels but for now, and with everything else I've been creating, I will stick with these until I run out. But not too bad for printable fabric.


And just because I adore my little model, here's another of her beautiful face!


Thanks for stopping by!

~Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment