Saturday, June 21, 2014

Awesome Shorts! Nautical Style

I was recently asked for a special little outfit for a little boy! Since most of my market is for little girls, I was really excited about this! A couple months back I had made a layette set for the baby shower, so I was very excited to hear of his birth and a new request for a fourth of July inspired outfit.
I chose to use the Awesome Shorts pattern from Tye Dye Diva. It was a fantastic pattern and provides a few little extras for a nice finished look. The pattern features flat side pockets for boys and a gathered pouch pocket for girls which makes it even better! I love anything that can be used over and over again....and is unisex.
So, when I was asked to do a Fourth of July theme, I, of course, think of something that can be worn more than just once. I definitely wanted something red, white, and blue but yet not so thematical that it couldn't be worn again. The first fabric I wanted, was out of stock when I went to purchase it. I was super bummed but then I came across the anchor fabric and knew exactly which embroidery design would be perfect for it!
I had come across this Star Anchor Applique design from Embroidery Boutique. What stood out to me was that it had the star placement in the center of the anchor. Although the design does not have the traditional '1st 4th of July,' I felt the star stood out as an American, or patriotic, tribute for the Fourth of July Celebration.

It was exciting being able to hand this completed outfit over to its owner. I hope to see pictures real soon of baby boy in his new outfit!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment